Upon completion, graduates with an A.S. Degree in Software Development should be able to:
- Employ fundamental computer theory in the context of software development practices.
- Manipulate data efficiently to make optimal use of computing resources.
- Apply principles of human-computer interaction in the design of computer interfaces.
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, and evaluation of computer-based systems.
- Effectively utilize project management tools and techniques to complete tasks on time and on budget.
Upon completion, graduates with a B.S. Degree in Software Development should be able to:
- Analyze computer users' needs in order to design, construct, test and maintain computer application software or systems.
- Write, test and maintain computer programs and/or web applications in at least three languages.
- Build web-enabled applications.
- Effectively utilize database and database management systems to organize, store and retrieve data for use by application software and websites.
- Applying relevant methods to assess the important application development and deployment challenges involved in adopting various cloud architectures.
- Create software and web applications that are intuitive for use by a wide range of users.
- Lead and participate effectively in teams in the software development process.
- Use appropriate resources to stay abreast of the latest industry development tools and techniques.
- Write programs that make use of the operating system associated with that program, taking into account security, networking and hardware interfaces, concurrent processing, embedded systems, multi-threading.