Q. What is a transcript?
A. A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic activity at Champlain College, listing all courses taken and grades earned. Other information on the transcript includes degrees earned, Dean's & President's List notations, and GPA, term by term and cumulative.
Q. What is the difference between an official transcript and an unofficial transcript?
A. Both an official and an unofficial transcript reflect a student's academic performance at the College. An official transcript is printed on security paper and bears the registrar's signature and a raised seal. An unofficial transcript is printed on white paper; it does not contain the registrar's signature or the college seal. Official transcripts are mailed to other schools or businesses in specially prepared envelopes; unofficial copies may be sent directly to the student via fax or US Mail.
Q. How do I request a copy of my transcript?
A. Transcripts are issued by the Enrollment Service Center only at the written request of the student or alumnus. You can make a request of us using one of the following methods:
- Drop by - Simply come to the Enrollment Service Center at Perry Hall and complete a transcript request form.
- Print - our transcript request form, and then fax or mail it to us. Our fax number is (802) 860-2774. Our mailing address is Champlain College Enrollment Service Center, PO Box 670, Burlington, Vermont 05402. (We're sorry we are not able to honor requests received via e-mail or telephone.)
- Send us a letter - Be sure to include the following information:
- your full name (or name under which you attended)
- your Social Security Number or student ID number
- current mailing address and daytime phone number (in case we have questions about your request)
- the dates you attended Champlain College
- the address(es) of the places you would like your transcript to be sent
- YOUR SIGNATURE - we can not process your request without it.
Q. What is the fee for a copy of my transcript?
A. The first five copies of your transcript will be provided free of charge. A fee of $5.00 will be charged for each additional copy ordered.
Q. How long will it take for my request to be processed?
A. Average processing time is five business days. Processing will take longer at points throughout the year when demand for transcripts is high. Please make your request as far in advance as possible. Students who are applying to other institutions are responsible for knowing their deadlines and should make their requests in plenty of time.
Q. What might delay the processing of my request?
A. Processing will be delayed if you forget to include any of the information listed above. Please remember we can not process your transcript request without your signature. Additionally, your request will not be processed if your student account is not paid in full.
Q. Will I be notified when my transcript is mailed?
A. A postcard indicating when and to whom your transcript was sent will be mailed to all students requesting a transcript.
Should you have further questions about transcripts please call the Enrollment Service Center at (802) 860-2777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.