Re-enrollment form

All Students who have missed more than two consecutive semesters (not including summer) are required to submit a formal application for readmission. Applications are available through the Office of Admission or the Continuing Professional Studies division.

Traditional students who have missed two or fewer consecutive semesters (not including summer) may apply for re-enrollment by completing the form below.

Adult students within the Continuing Professional Studies (CPS) division who have missed two or fewer consecutive semesters (not including summer) may re-enroll by contacting the Registrar's Office to register for a course. CPS students are not required to submit the re-enrollment form below.

Tuition Deposit Form - As part of the re-enrollment process, the Tuition Deposit Form MUST be completed. Traditional students will not be officially allowed to register for classes until this form has been submitted.


Undeclared: Students who have earned 30 or more credits, may not return to Champlain as Undeclared students without meeting with a member of the Registrar's Office or the Office of Admission.

Inactive Programs: Students wishing to return to the College in academic programs that have been inactivated may do so only with the permission of the Provost. Should you fall into this category, a member of the Registrar's Office will contact you upon receipt of your re-enrollment form.

Catalog Year: Students returning through the re-enrollment process are permitted to follow the degree requirements associated with their original catalog year. Students reapplying are required to meet the degree requirements of the most current catalog year, unless otherwise authorized by the Provost.

Readmission for Graduation: Students who wish to be reactivated or readmitted to Champlain in order to transfer in remaining credits for graduation should contact the Registrar's Office at 802-860-2777.

Re-enrollment after Academic Dismissal: Students who are interested in returning to Champlain after being academically dismissed must be approved by the Provost before doing so. Contact the Registrar's Office at 802-860-2777 for assistance.

Re-enrollment after Disciplinary Dismissal: Students who were suspended from the College for disciplinary reasons must receive clearance from the Assistant Vice President for Student Life to return. Contact Student Life at 802-860-2703 for more information.

Transcripts: Students who completed credits at another college after leaving Champlain must have an official transcript forwarded to the Registrar's Office at Champlain. These transcripts should reflect all academic work undertaken since the student left Champlain. If the student is approved for readmission with coursework in progress, student's admission status will be provisional pending receipt of the final transcript.

Residential Life: While Champlain College does not guarantee on-campus housing for re-enrolled or readmitted students, students are welcome to contact the Champlain College Residential Life Department concerning availability of on-campus housing: 802-865-5487.