Champlain Consortium Agreements

Cross-College Registration

Champlain College and St. Michael's College have an agreement which allows students to take select classes at either campus, during the academic year, as part of their regular course load. The agreement does not apply to summer session or online courses. The following additional restrictions apply:

  • Only degree-seeking, undergraduate students, attending as at least three-quarters or full- time students are eligible.
  • Students must be in good academic standing as determined by their home institution.
  • Students must meet any pre-requirements. Questions about pre-requirements are referred to the dean, department chair or program director.
  • A student's faculty advisor is given authority to approve or deny the course choice prior to registration.
  • Limited to one course per student, per term, on a space available basis.
  • Student receives a true grade for their coursework, not just a "T" for transfer credit.
  • Available space in classes will be determined at a pre-set deadline by each college.
  • Only campus-based courses during the Fall or Spring semesters are eligible. No online or Summer courses.
  • No payment is exchanged between institutions.

Go to: Cross-College Registration Form

Semester Exchange Program

As a full-time Champlain College student you have unique access to 13 private undergraduate institutions in Vermont through a semester exchange program spearheaded by the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (AVIC). AVIC is a member-driven organization devoted to serving the interests of higher education, shaping public policy, and supporting the work of campus leaders throughout Vermont. For more information about AVIC's Semester Exchange Program click here. If you are interested in participating in the program email

Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)

Champlain offers an Army ROTC program with the University of Vermont, and an Air Force ROTC program with Norwich University. These programs lead to an officer commission as a second lieutenant in the United States Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard, or United States Air Force. Scholarships are offered to qualified applicants. For more information, contact University of Vermont's Major Robert Monette at or Norwich University's Recruiting Flight Commander at

High School Dual-Enrollment

Administered by the Vermont State Colleges (VSC), Vermont's statewide Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to earn college credit while still in high school or during the summer after they graduate. Eligible students may take one college course tuition-free at designated Vermont colleges allowing them to experience college-level curriculum. For more information, click here.High school students who are interested in taking a course at Champlain College though Vermont's Dual Enrollment Program should contact their guidance counselor or contact us directly at