Champlain College's Accommodation Services Office offers a full range of confidential mental health services and reasonable academic and housing accommodations to all Champlain students. Our focus is on the mind, body, and spirit of our students. Our approach is holistic. We use a wellness model to address emotional and relational aspects of a student's health and growth and a self-advocacy and independence-focused developmental model of support to those in need of accommodations.
- Assessment and treatment by Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Medication management
- Psychiatric & medication referrals
- Academic & Housing Accommodations
- Alcohol & Drug Education Programming
After Hours Emergency Consultation/Intervention
A staff member from the Counseling Center is available to handle emergencies that occur after 5:00 pm and before 8:30 am Monday - Friday and 24/7 on weekends. This service is available during the academic year.
Call 911 and/or your residential life staff or Campus Safety to page us: 865-6465. We will return your call as soon as possible, generally in less than one half hour.
- The entire staff at the Counseling Center values confidentiality. We are all personally, professionally, and legally committed to your right to privacy. We promise that what you discuss with your counselor will remain confidential within the Counseling Center.
- The exceptions to this are court ordered records, mandated counseling, if it is a matter of saving your life or someone else's, or where we are required by law to report current child abuse or elder abuse.
- Outside of the exceptions listed above, we will tell no one about why you came here, what you talked about with your counselor or even if you are a client - not your friends, not your parents, not your teachers, not your RA or HR or any other college offices. If you want us to speak to someone, we can only do so with your permission.
- We do keep statistics on our services and include them in our semi-annual reports. Individuals are not identified nor are they identifiable. Our goal is to provide you with a warm, friendly and professional service.
- The contents of this website and the resources linked to it are intended for educational and informational purposes only.
- Nothing you read on the counseling Web page is meant to diagnose, substitute for, or otherwise replace actual face-to-face professional counseling.
- Champlain College, the Counseling and Student Life Department, the Health Center and their respective staff, faculty and students, are not responsible for any action taken by any person as a result of viewing or otherwise obtaining information from this Web site.
- Linked resources available from this Web site are independently composed by sources outside Champlain College, the Counseling and Student Life Department and the Health Center. Neither Champlain College, the Counseling and Student Life Department nor the Health Center can be held responsible for any content contained on those links. Any link to an outside resource does not indicate endorsement of that resource, and does not necessarily reflect the policies, opinions, or practices of Champlain College, the Counseling and Student Life Department and the Health Center.