Current Champlain Students
Health Insurance Identification Cards were mailed to full-time students for the 2016-2017 academic year for those students enrolled in the health plan. To reprint a temporary ID card or to request a permanent card, please see Consolidated Health Plans, On-line Insurance ID Cards.
Students may access the 2016-2017 Consolidated Health Plans Claim Form or at the Office of Student Accounts, Perry Hall, Room 140, or at the Student Health Office in Whiting Hall.
New Champlain Students Beginning 2017 Spring Semester
New Champlain College Students attending for 2017 Spring Semester may choose to waive the insurance by completing an online waiver form by November 25, 2016. Please review the 2016-2017 Consolidated Health Plans Insurance Brochure linked above if you wish to review coverage.
The preferred due date to waive the insurance is November 25, 2016 which is the payment due date for the 2017 Spring Semester. The final deadline to waive the insurance is January 13, 2017.
Insurance Waiver Information for Traditional and Master's of Fine Arts Students
All registered full-time Traditional undergraduate students* (12 credits or more, with no more than 50% online courses) and Master's of Fine Arts students are billed a fee of $882 for the 2017 Spring Semester for our Student Health Insurance. Students enrolled in only online classes are not eligible for this plan. This plan is mandatory for all students who are not covered by another policy and have not completed the online waiver form. Health Insurance cards confirming coverage will be mailed to the students' local address late January.
Please note that the ONLINE waiver is only available from November 4, 2016 to January 13, 2017. If a waiver is not received by January 13, 2017, the insurance plan and associated cost of $882 will remain in effect for the 2017 Spring Semester, unless the student withdraws from the College.
*All Allied Health majors are billed for health insurance
Health Insurance Waivers - For New Students 2017 Spring
The online waiver will first be available on November 4, 2016. It is best to complete the waiver by November 25, 2016, the due date of the 2017 Spring Semester Statement to avoid any late payment fees. If a waiver is not received by the final waiver date on January 13, 2017, the insurance plan and associated cost of $882 will remain in effect for the 2017 Spring Semester, unless the student withdraws from the College.
- Go to http://www.champlain.edu/current-students. Click on "WebAdvisor." ONLY STUDENTS MAY UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE USING THEIR PERSONAL USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- Click on "Students" and under the heading "Student Accounts," click on "FT Decline Heath Ins." This will link you to the Consolidated Health Plans Champlain College Web.
- On this webpage, click on blue tab, "Waiver" to DECLINE your health insurance.
- Read the Disclosure Acknowledgement to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next choose "Continue" at the bottom to go to the waiver form.
- Complete the required information. To DECLINE you must enter your insurance information. Review and click on "SUBMIT."
- Check the box to indicate that the data is accurate and complete. Type your name in the "Electronic Signature" box, and then click on "SUBMIT." You will see a message that the waiver has been submitted.
- A few minutes after completing the waiver form, you will receive a confirmation email. Please print this confirmation and retain for your records as verification that you have successfully completed the insurance waiver.
If you have any problems with the waiver form online, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at (802) 860-2777.
Health insurance is not offered to part-time students unless enrolled in an Allied Health major.