Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance
The online waiver will be open from June 1, 2017 through July 27, 2017; the payment due date for the 2017 Fall Semester.
Please note that the Consolidated Health Insurance is a term policy for the current year and would be canceled if the student withdrew from the College.
|Coming Soon! 2017-2018 Brochure - to be available June 26, 2017|
|2017-2018 Consolidated Health Plans Summary of Benefits||2016-2017 Consolidated Health Plans Insurance Brochure|
Insurance Waiver Information for Traditional Students
All registered full-time Traditional undergraduate students* (12 credits or more, with no more than 50% online courses) are billed a fee of $909 for the 2017 Fall Semester for our Student Health Insurance. Students enrolled in only online classes are not eligible for this plan. This plan is mandatory for all students who are not covered by another policy and have not completed the online waiver form. Health Insurance cards confirming coverage will be mailed to the students' local address late September. Master's of Fine Arts students may request student health insurance by contacting the Office of Student Accounts.
Please note that the ONLINE waiver is only available from June 1, 2017 to July 27, 2017. If a waiver is not received by July 27, 2017, the insurance plan and associated cost of $1,818 will remain in effect for the 2017-2018 academic year, unless the student withdraws from the College.
*All Allied Health majors are billed for health insurance
Health Insurance Waivers
The online waiver will first be available on June 1, 2017. It is best to complete the waiver by July 27, 2017, the due date of the 2017 Fall Semester statement to avoid any late payment fees. If a waiver is not received by the due date, the insurance plan and associated cost of $909 will remain in effect for the 2017-2018 academic year, unless the student withdraws from the College.
- Go to http://www.champlain.edu/current-students. Click on "WebAdvisor." ONLY STUDENTS MAY UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE USING THEIR PERSONAL USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- Click on "Students" and under the heading "Student Accounts," click on "FT Decline Heath Ins." This will link you to the Consolidated Health Plans Champlain College Web.
- On this webpage, click on blue tab, "Waiver" to DECLINE your health insurance.
- Read the Disclosure Acknowledgement to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next choose "Continue" at the bottom to go to the waiver form.
- Complete the required information. To DECLINE you must enter your insurance information. Review and click on "SUBMIT."
- Check the box to indicate that the data is accurate and complete. Type your name in the "Electronic Signature" box, and then click on "SUBMIT." You will see a message that the waiver has been submitted.
- A few minutes after completing the waiver form, you will receive a confirmation email. Please print this confirmation and retain for your records as verification that you have successfully completed the insurance waiver.
If you have any problems with the waiver form online, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at (802) 860-2777.
Health insurance is not offered to part-time students unless enrolled in an Allied Health major.