Student Health Insurance
Insurance Waiver Information for New Students Enrolling January 2016
All registered full-time Traditional undergraduate students* (12 credits or more, with no more than 50% online courses) and Master's of Fine Arts students are billed a fee of $840 for the 2016 Spring Semester for our Student Health Insurance. Students enrolled in only online classes are not eligible for this plan. This plan is mandatory for all students who are not covered by another policy and have not completed the online waiver form. Health Insurance cards confirming coverage will be mailed to the students' local address in early February. Please note that the ONLINE waiver is only available from November 6 - January 16, 2016 for newly enrolled full-time students beginning the 2016 Spring Semester .
*All Allied Health majors are billed for health insurance
Health Insurance Waivers
The online waiver is now available for the 2016 Spring Semester. Any waivers for other students will not be honored. New students will need to activate their access to WebAdvisor, and then follow the directions listed below to process an insurance waiver. Waivers must be received by Friday, January 15, 2016.
If a waiver is not received by January 15, 2016, the insurance plan and associated cost of $840 will remain in effect for the 2016 Spring Semester, unless the student withdraws from the College.
- Go to http://www.champlain.edu/current-students. Click on "WebAdvisor." ONLY STUDENTS MAY UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE USING THEIR PERSONAL USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- Click on "Students" and under the heading "Student Accounts," click on "FT Decline Heath Ins." This will link you to the Consolidated Health Plans Champlain College Web.
- On this webpage, click on blue tab, "Waiver" to DECLINE your health insurance.
- Read the Disclosure Acknowledgement to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next choose "Continue" at the bottom to go to the waiver form.
- Complete the required information. To DECLINE you must enter your insurance information. Review and click on "SUBMIT."
- Check the box to indicate that the data is accurate and complete. Type your name in the "Electronic Signature" box, and then click on "SUBMIT." You will see a message that the waiver has been submitted.
- A few minutes after completing the waiver form, you will receive a confirmation email. Please print this confirmation and retain for your records as verification that you have successfully completed the insurance waiver.
If you have any problems with the waiver form online, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at (802) 860-2777.
Health insurance is not offered to part-time students unless enrolled in an Allied Health major.
New Spring Students enrolled in the health plan will receive health cards in early February and may access claim forms at the Student Accounts Office or at the Student Health Office or at the link: 2015-2016 Consolidated Health Plans Claim Form.