Student Health Insurance
The Preferred due date to waive the insurance is July 25, 2016 which is the payment due date for the 2016 Fall Semester. The final deadline to waive the insurance is August 26, 2016.
Insurance Waiver Information for Traditional Students
All registered full-time Traditional undergraduate students* (12 credits or more, with no more than 50% online courses) and Master's of Fine Arts students are billed a fee of $882 per semester, a total of $1,764 for the 2016-2017 academic year, for our Student Health Insurance. Students enrolled in only online classes are not eligible for this plan. This plan is mandatory for all students who are not covered by another policy and have not completed the online waiver form. Health Insurance cards confirming coverage will be mailed to the students' local address mid-September.
Please note that the ONLINE waiver is only available from June 13, 2016 to August 26, 2016. If a waiver is not received by August 26, 2016, the insurance plan and associated cost of $1,764 will remain in effect for the 2016-2017 academic year, unless the student withdraws from the College.
*All Allied Health majors are billed for health insurance
Health Insurance Waivers
The online waiver will be available by June 6, 2016, once the Consolidated Health Insurance Brochure is available online for students to review and compare to coverage with the coverage from their personal insurance policy.
Waivers received and processed before June 25, 2016 will remove the insurance fee from the 2016 Fall Semester Statement that will be posted on June 25th. It is best to complete the waiver by July 25, 2016, the due date of the 2016 Fall Semester Statement to avoid any late payment fees. If a waiver is not received by the final waiver date on August 26, 2016, the insurance plan and associated cost of $1,764 will remain in effect for the 2016-2017 academic year, unless the student withdraws from the College.
- Go to http://www.champlain.edu/current-students. Click on "WebAdvisor." ONLY STUDENTS MAY UPDATE THEIR INSURANCE USING THEIR PERSONAL USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- Click on "Students" and under the heading "Student Accounts," click on "FT Decline Heath Ins." This will link you to the Consolidated Health Plans Champlain College Web.
- On this webpage, click on blue tab, "Waiver" to DECLINE your health insurance.
- Read the Disclosure Acknowledgement to ensure you understand the insurance coverage. Next choose "Continue" at the bottom to go to the waiver form.
- Complete the required information. To DECLINE you must enter your insurance information. Review and click on "SUBMIT."
- Check the box to indicate that the data is accurate and complete. Type your name in the "Electronic Signature" box, and then click on "SUBMIT." You will see a message that the waiver has been submitted.
- A few minutes after completing the waiver form, you will receive a confirmation email. Please print this confirmation and retain for your records as verification that you have successfully completed the insurance waiver.
If you have any problems with the waiver form online, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at (802) 860-2777.
Health insurance is not offered to part-time students unless enrolled in an Allied Health major.
COMING SOON! 2016-2017 Consolidated Health Plans Insurance Brochure
Students enrolled in the health plan will receive health cards and may access claim forms at the Office of Student Accounts, Perry 140, or at the Student Health Office or at the link: 2016-2017 Consolidated Health Plans Claim Form. To reprint a temporary ID card or to request a permanent card, please see Consolidated Health Plans "On-Line Insurance ID Cards".