Rock Climbing Club
The Champlain College Rock Climbing Club was formed and developed in the fall of 2008. In the spring of 2009, it kicked into gear with weekly trips to Petra Cliffs — a local indoor rock climbing facility. The club strives to give students opportunity to take part in rock climbing, and develop skills they might otherwise not have been able to. It also allows for students to interact, share experiences and enjoy physical activity in a healthy social setting.
- President: Taylor Bentz
- Marketing Director: Joanna French
- Activities Coordinator: Graham Lockwood Daily
- Operations Manager: Dylan Birch
- Faculty Advisor: Sue Lindberg
"As the club advisor, I have taken on the role of "coach", and I am truly impressed with the camaraderie and encouragement." -Sue Corcoran
- The club meets in Bader Parking Lot and leaves for Petra Cliffs Tuesday nights at 7p.m. The school will provide transportation there and back to campus.