Rock Climbing Club
Established in the Fall of 2008, The Champlain College Rock Climbing strives to give students the opportunity to take part in rock climbing and develop skills they might otherwise not have been able to.
Establishing great relationships with two local gyms, Petra Cliffs & MetroRock, the club is able to offer discounted rental rates and fully-covered climbing cost to Champlain College students. Offering a climb-at-your-own-level mentality, we support new and advanced climbers all the same. In addition to our indoor climbing we do sponsor and pay for students to have outdoor experiences, offering both rock-face and ice climbing.
Whether you're looking to just have a fun time with friends or looking to advance your skills on the wall, we have you covered!
If you want to come climbing we ask that you first complete the Online Waiver (below). You only need to fill out the online waiver if you have never climbed with us before. Once completed, fill out our weekly climbing form each week that you would like to attend. This form closes at noon on Monday so make sure to fill out the form before then otherwise it will automatically close out. The form also closes if the maximum number of spots has been fulfilled for the week. When you fill out the form you need to specify which days you are coming (either Tuesday, Friday or Saturday) and you need to tell us if you need a ride on those days.
- Tyler Coleman, President / Daily Ops: email@example.com
- Sam Hodges, President / Budgeting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt May, President / Outdoor Trips & Events: email@example.com
- Nic Anderson, Faculty Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club provides transportation to and from MetroRock and Petra Cliffs using College Vans.
- The vans leave the IDX Parking lot sharply:
- Tuesdays @ 6:45pm
- Fridays & Saturdays @ 5:45pm
- The vans typically return about 2-3 hours later. Please be there early if you have signed up prior using the weekly climbing form.