COMPUTER FORENSICS & DIGITAL INVESTIGATION CERTIFICATE
Earn your computer forensics certificate online at Champlain College and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect.
Our 18-credit online computer forensics certificate includes:
- The essential rationale underlying criminal law such as the nature of jurisdiction, the criminal act, the criminal state of mind and matters affecting responsibility for criminal conduct.
- An in-depth coverage of computer crime statutes, management of evidence, and industry best-practices for examining computers that might contain crime-related information as well as how to prepare computer evidence for courtroom testimony.
- Techniques used to investigate crimes perpetuated over the Internet and other telecommunications networks. Crimes such as auction fraud and social engineering, e-mail scams and phishing will be an.alyzed.
- Insight into the motives behind white-collar crime and methods used by white-collar criminals to pursue their criminal endeavors, and the enforcement strategies and techniques applied in these cases
- Specialized areas of digital forensics, namely, information hiding, anti-forensics, and network forensics. Data hiding and anti-forensics will be explored with a specific concentration on cryptography (secret writing) and steganography (hidden writing).
- Basic principles of digital media presented in order to understand how digital images, audio, and video can be manipulated and how such manipulation can be detected.
NOTE: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs. Standalone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
|CRIM 120||Criminal Law||3|
|CFDI 270||Anti-Forensics and Network Forensics||3|
|CFDI 240||Digital Forensics Investigation Techniques||3|
|CFDI 345||Operating System Forensics||3|
|Plus Two Of The Following:|
|CFDI 310||Mobile Forensic Analysis||3|
|CFDI 350||White Collar Crime||3|
|CFDI 320||File Forensics||3|
*Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.