Cybersecurity Career Outlook
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics employment in the cybersecurity field is expected to grow especially fast, increasing 30% by 2020. As organizations conduct more of their day-to-day business online, transmitting or storing confidential or sensitive information electronically the need for network and information security increases. People with experience in information assurance and cyber security will be some of the most sought after employees in the coming years.
According to the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), developed under the sponsorship of the US Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration, the following careers could be pursued with an education in cyber security.
- Information Security Analysts (15-1122.00)
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators (15-1142.00)
- Computer Systems Analysts (15-1121.00)
- Computer and Information Systems Managers (11-3021.00)
- Computer Network Support Specialist (15-1152.00)
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects (15-1199.02)