Three Month Look-Ahead
The Center for Communication & Creative Media (CCM) project will take much of our time over the next year. We are defining final space requirements including furnishings and technology needs. We are also working on a Capital Improvement Schedule with Sightlines for our facilities future needs and deferred maintenance schedules. We continue on the design/permitting phase on the Eagles project.
Alumni Auditorium has a fresh new look and we will continue work after spring semester for opening in the fall of 2015. Physical Plant is finishing up their Special Projects list of deferred maintenance and contingency spending to determine summer work.
- Planning annual Move Out Collection—both on campus and downtown
- Recruiting for next year's student Eco-Reps
- Updating out annual Sustainability Action Plan metrics & goals
- Creating a google map to show all the various campus sustainability initiatives
- Opening registration for this year's Community Garden
- Active Transportation Planning
- Opening Juniper Bike Maintenance Room and much more!
Campus Public Safety is gearing up for:
- Campus Emergency Response Plan—upcoming table-top exercise in May
- Spring move-out in May
- Commencement planning in May
- Summer parking enforcement program begins in May
- Dorm fire safety program review
- Clery data reporting review
The Event Center will start on summer business as soon as major campus events like Commencement, the Awards Dinner and the Retreat are accomplished. This summer, we will be working around construction, ensuring that all of our clients' needs are met.
The Strategic Events initiative, designed to offer pre-college summer programs for high school students in majors that our college specializes in, is focused on registering students for those programs. (See www.champlain.edu/summer for more information.)
For the CCM building, we are working on the transition for the mailroom and campus store in addition to signage for the interior and exterior of the building. We are also working on packaging, pricing, catering and marketing for the Champlain Room which will have the new feature of offering weddings on the adjacent terrace which will have a large tent.
As always the CPAS team is here to serve you, help solve problems and consult in any way we can.