How to Request a Job
Before You Begin
Every job that goes through the Marketing Department begins with a Job Request form. Information you will need to begin a job includes:
- A project description, including project goals
- Budget and budget number
- Single point of contact for the job. This individual is responsible for collating edits and final approval from stakeholders.
Before you submit a Job Request, please be sure:
- the timeline is realistic.
- the job is well thought out and has been approved by your internal stakeholders.
- Contact Client Services and request access to Workfront, our project management tool. As soon as your profile is completed, you’ll receive an email with a link to access Workfront. Please bookmark the link for future use. Your username/password are the same as match your Champlain credentials.
- Login to Workfront and select Requests. Click New Request > Request a Project.
- Complete the request form. All questions with bold headers are required. Click the ‘?’ symbol for additional information about select fields.
- If you have already written copy or have examples of similar work you would like to share, please attach it using the tool at the top of the form.
- Once you have submitted all the necessary information, you will receive an email confirming that the job request has been received. The more advance notice we receive, the better we're able to brainstorm and provide you with the best possible product.
- Ongoing project communication will take place through Workfront, rather than e-mail. Visit Workfront: A Simple Guide for more information.
Be sure to allow plenty of time for the approval process. All communication and proofs will go through the designated point person, and he or she will be responsible for obtaining any outstanding information, collecting and forwarding edits/changes to the marketing department after reviewing the proof, and sign-off/final approval on the project within their department (Supervisor, VP, Provost, President, etc.).