Master of Science in Emergent Media
Create the Future of Emerging Media
Designed to appeal to graduate students who wish to have careers producing and managing the collaborative process of the next generation of media content such as mobile apps, interactive experiences, augmented reality and games, the Master of Science in Emergent Media program based in Burlington, Vermont, is a 30-credit one-year program.
As a Master of Science in Emergent Media student, you'll employ state-of-the-art online collaborative design tools while working on teams that include students enrolled in Champlain's Master of Fine Arts in Emergent Media program. These experiences will allow you to form relationships, seek solutions, create production processes and achieve goals, all while acquiring a new global vantage point.
You'll learn firsthand how to be successful at the individual and group dynamics underlying today's collaborative and often remote work settings.
- Immerse yourself in the latest technological advances through a collaborative production environment. Champlain's Emergent Media Center (EMC) provides a working studio where undergraduate and graduate students work together on mission-based digital media innovations for real clients.
- Use our MakerLab to bring your ideas to life. The Champlain College MakerLab is a prototyping facility equipped with state-of-the-art 3D printers, 3-D scanner, laser cutter, vinyl cutter, Arduinos and traditional tools allowing students to explore possibilities for invention and entrepreneurship.
- Learn from leaders in the world of emergent media. Our MS in Emergent Media faculty are industry experts in the world of video games, interactive design, mobile computing and more. Our program focuses on building relationships, and our faculty members are accessible, genuine and committed to your success. Their academic and professional credentials, along with our small class sizes, promote lively interactions.
Who Should Apply
The program was designed for recent college graduates who are looking for a deeper education of innovation in emerging fields.
- Champlain undergraduate students who are enrolled in a 3+1 program can apply, allowing them to network, participate in media fields, gain access to the Emergent Media Center's (EMC) MakerLab and work on collaborative projects in the EMC while completing two degrees in four years.
- Industry professionals who are looking to deepen their knowledge or switch careers can also apply for the MS in Emergent Media program.