Online Accounting Bachelor's Degree
Put the Balance in Your Favor
Our online Bachelor's in Accounting degree prepares you for success in the fast-growing accounting field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a majority of employers require a bachelor's degree for accounting and auditing positions, and advanced certification, such as a CPA, further increases job prospects.
With our program designed around the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Core Competency Framework, you will earn a degree that encompasses professionalism, accounting skills, legal skills & business/tax law, financial intelligence, communication, problem-solving/decision-making, risk analysis, information technology and resource management. You can feel confident knowing that graduates of our online accounting degree program who sit for the CPA exam boast a near-perfect success rate.
Ready to get started? Begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Our accounting graduates are prepared for careers as certified financial planners (CFPs), managerial accountants, auditors, forensic accountants and more, and they can work in a variety of industries including accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services, government, finance and insurance, management companies/enterprises and manufacturing, among others.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online accounting programs allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Select courses are 15 weeks long. Due to the complex nature of the content of some courses, the courses cannot be condensed into 7-week sessions. Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- A near-perfect success rate for graduates who take the CPA exam.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your accounting degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you gain competencies in skills including accounting, business/tax law, financial intelligence and risk analysis, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's in accounting to allow you to earn three certificates well before you have completed your requirements for your degree. You have the option to earn the following: