Online Computer Forensics Bachelor's Degree Program
Learn From the Leader in Digital Forensics Education
If the field of computer investigations is of interest to you, look no further. Champlain College is a nationally recognized leader in computer forensics education and home of the renowned Leahy Center for Digital Investigation, a world-class digital forensics and cybercrime laboratory. Our online bachelor's degree in Computer Forensics will teach you, through virtual hands-on learning and application, to identify and respond to cybersecurity breaches and computer network hacks. In our online computer forensic degree program, you will learn the skills necessary to analyze and recover data that has been compromised, as well as to understand the source of the breach. Our courses cover the latest in digital forensic analysis of computers, networks and mobile devices.
Ready to get started? Create an account and begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Professionals in the field of computer forensics and digital investigations with a bachelor's degree in computer forensics work for mid- to large-sized corporations, crime laboratories or state or national law enforcement agencies. Large municipalities may also employ computer forensics and digital investigations specialists.
Why Earn You Computer Forensics Degree Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online computer forensics degree program allows you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- We offer more digital forensics courses than any other college.
- Nationally recognized cybersecurity and computer forensics programs, designated a Center of Academic Excellence by the National Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security, and a DC 3 National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigations .
- Awarded the "Best Cyber Security Higher Education Program" by SC Magazine in 2013 and 2015.
- Regional accreditation ensures academic standards are met or exceeded.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your bachelor's degree in computer forensics online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. In the online bachelor's degree in computer forensics you will not only learn to employ fundamental computer theory, interpret and appropriately apply laws, and employ scientific process in the context of computer forensics practices, among many other skills, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's degree in computer forensics and digital investigations to allow you to earn a certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for a degree. Gain the confidence you need to continue to pursue your goals and earn a certificate in:
Our Accredited Online BS in Computer Forensics Degree Program
Get an overview of our 100% online, fully-accredited bachelor's in computer forensics & digital investigations.
The computer forensics bachelor's degree program is comprised of online digital forensics courses, professional courses, and general education courses that provide foundational knowledge and immediate takeaways that can be applied on the job. These courses are focused, relevant, and most are delivered in an accelerated 7-week format.
Already have a degree, but want to show proficiency in a focused area of knowledge? Want a credential for your resume as you pursue your degree? Learn more about our 100% online computer forensics & digital investigations certificates.
Upon completion, graduates with a BS degree in Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations should be able to work effectively within the field of computer forensics and digital forensics, with the ability to interpret and apply laws and procedures, assess and apply legislation and existing trends, employ fundamental computer theory, adhere to professional ethical standards, apply the principles of effective digital forensics investigation techniques, use knowledge of white-collar crime culture and methods to guide economic crime investigations, use and evaluate the effectiveness of available digital forensics tools, and explain the role of digital forensics in the field of information assurance and cyber security.
At Champlain College Online, our comprehensive admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story. We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
Champlain College offers six start dates per year. Learn more about our application deadlines, class start dates and end dates for each 7-week and 15-week term in our online bachelor's in computer forensics & digital investigations program.
Tuition for our undergraduate degree and certificate programs varies based on your student status (part-time or full-time) and the number of transfer credits you are bringing in. Find out more about our tuition rates, as well as ways to finance your education.
The Program Director for the Online Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Bachelor's Degree is Ric Messier, MS, GCIH, GSEC, CEH, CISSP.
Champlain College Online's B.S. in Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations faculty is selected based on educational knowledge and teaching skill, combined with their solid professional work experience and industry expertise. Our faculty bring wisdom and real-world insight to their classes, allowing you to benefit from their years of experience and a rich community of career-focused learning.
Interested in learning more about what Champlain College Online can offer you? Request more information and a Champlain College representative will be in touch with you soon!