BS in Computer & Information Systems
Developing CIS Professionals for Today and Tomorrow
Our online BS in Computer and Information Systems prepares you to succeed in this high-demand, quickly growing field. As organizations rely more and more on computers, mobile devices and digital technology to communicate, collect and process data and conduct business, the need for professionals with a computer information systems degree continues to grow. At Champlain College Online, we educate you in not only the latest technologies, but also the social skills needed in a CIS professional: strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills that allow you to more easily and efficiently interact not only with your co-workers, but also with others both inside and outside your organization.
Ready to get started? Begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Organizations searching for individuals holding a CIS degree are aiming to fill positions such as: IT support specialist, programmer/analyst, application developer, IT consultant and infrastructure architect, to name a few. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the job outlook for computer systems analysts is projected to grow much faster than average through 2022 as compared to other professions.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Computer & Information Systems Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our programs allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Select courses are 15 weeks long. Due to the complex nature of the content of some courses, the courses cannot be condensed into 7-week sessions. Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by US News & World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your online degree in computer and information systems.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you develop competencies in network administration and security, assessing organizational IS needs, project management skills, and database management, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.