BS in Management Information Systems
Making the Connection Between IT and Business
Our online management information systems (MIS) bachelor's degree prepares you to succeed in this fast-growing field, teaching you the skills you need to understand, assess, plan and manage your company's technology needs. You'll bring more to the table than your valuable technical skills. With an MIS bachelor's degree, you'll have know-how to bridge gaps between business and information technology, and effectively implement information systems solutions to benefit your entire organization. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to apply your education across a host of different industries.
Ready to get started? Begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
While computer systems design and related services employed the largest percentage of information systems managers in 2012 (19%), 12% worked in finance and insurance, 11% were employed in the information sector, 9% in management of companies and enterprises and 7% in government. The career outlook for computer and information systems managers is quite positive, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and is expected to grow faster than average as organizations continue to expand their use of mobile and wireless networks.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online MIS degree program allows you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your management information systems degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you learn to understand the relationships between programming languages and information systems and how to apply emerging technologies to an organization, among many others competencies, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.