Online Software Development Bachelor's Degree Program
Develop Your Technical Expertise, Design Your Future
If you have technical aptitude, are driven, and want a career in an in-demand and high-paying field, look no further than our online software development degree program. Our bachelor's degree in software development is designed to build upon your existing technical skill set and take you further with a new specialized body of knowledge with truly endless applications. Learn software development online including how to fully utilize different software languages, gain practical experience- especially in the areas of cybersecurity and mobile devices- and acquire strong programming, systems analysis, interpersonal and business skills. In our online software development courses we emphasize hands-on learning over testing and use cloud-based virtual laboratories for developing, testing and deploying multi-tiered applications for the web and mobile devices.
Ready to get started on your software development degree online? Create an account and begin your application today. There is no fee to apply.
Applications software developer, systems software developer and information technology project manager are just a few of the types of positions held by software developers nationally, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Plus, with increased demand for computer software, the BLS predicts this field will continue to grow at a rate much faster than average through 2022 for those with a software developer degree.
Why Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Software Development Online at Champlain College?
- Designed for busy working adults, our online software development courses allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom from day one.
- 100% online coursework allows you to participate at days and times convenient for you.
- 7-week courses help you reach completion of your online software development degree program sooner. (Note: Your individual time to degree completion will be dependent on a number of factors including: total credits transferred in, test-out credits earned, number of classes taken each semester, and whether you are continuously enrolled.)
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report and College Choice, and regionally accredited by NEASC.
- Generous transfer credit policy allows you to transfer up to 90 credits toward your bachelor's degree in software development, with the potential to earn credit for professional experience and training.
- Personalized student experience with a dedicated academic advisor and an entire Champlain team to help you as you pursue your software development degree online.
- Practitioner faculty who are experts in the field and understand industry needs.
- Skills you need, and skills employers want. Not only will you get the latest software development skills in this rapidly growing field, but you'll also develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills that will make you successful throughout your career.
Gain Expertise and a Certificate Prior to Graduation
At Champlain College Online, we know how important it is for you to gain knowledge and expertise quickly, and to differentiate yourself in the workplace and in today's competitive job market. That's why we have designed our online bachelor's in software development to allow you to earn a software development certificate in an area of specialization well before you have completed your requirements for a degree. Gain a certificate in:
Our Accredited Online BS in Software Development Degree Program
Get an overview of our 100% online, fully-accredited bachelor's in software development.
The accounting bachelor's degree program is composed of online software development courses, professional courses, and general education courses that provide foundational knowledge and immediate take-aways that can be applied on the job. These online courses are focused, relevant and most are delivered in an accelerated 7-week format.
Already have a degree, but want to show proficiency in a focused area of knowledge? Want a credential for your resume as you pursue your degree? Learn more about our 100% online software development certificates.
Upon completion, graduates should be able to analyze computer users' needs in order to design and maintain computer application software or systems, write and maintain computer programs and/or web applications in at least three languages, build web-enabled applications, effectively use database management systems, apply relevant methods to assess application development and deployment challenges, use appropriate resources to stay abreast of industry development tools and techniques, lead and participate effectively in teams in the software development process, and more.
At Champlain College Online, our comprehensive admissions process is designed to take into account your whole story. We are interested in your previous academic record, but knowing you have much more to bring to the table as a working adult, we'll also consider your current and previous work experiences, as well as your personal and professional goals.
Champlain College offers six start dates per year. Learn more about our application deadlines, class start dates and end dates for each 7-week and 15-week term in our online bachelor's in software development program.
Tuition for our undergraduate degree and certificate programs varies based on your student status (part-time or full-time) and the number of transfer credits you are bringing in. Find out more about our tuition rates, as well as ways to finance your education.
The Program Director for the Software Development Bachelor's Degree is Bob Green, MA, the Assistant Dean for Information Technology for the Division of Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS) at Champlain College Online.