BS in Software Development Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, graduates with a BS degree in Software Development should be able to:
- Analyze computer users' needs in order to design, construct, test and maintain computer application software or systems.
- Write, test and maintain computer programs and/or web applications in at least three languages.
- Build web-enabled applications.
- Effectively utilize database and database management systems to organize, store and retrieve data for use by application software and websites.
- Apply relevant methods to assess the important application development and deployment challenges involved in adopting various cloud architectures.
- Create software and web applications that are intuitive for use by a wide range of users.
- Lead and participate effectively in teams in the software development process.
- Use appropriate resources to stay abreast of the latest industry development tools and techniques.
- Write programs that make use of the operating system associated with that program, taking into account security, networking and hardware interfaces, concurrent processing, embedded systems and multi-threading.