Upon completion, graduates with a BS degree in Web Design & Development will be able to:
- Employ fundamental computer theory to basic programming techniques.
- Use fundamental skills to maintain web server services required to host a website.
- Select and apply markup languages for processing, identifying, and presenting of information in web pages.
- Use scripting languages and web services to transfer data and add interactive components to web pages.
- Create and manipulate web media objects using editing software.
- Incorporate aesthetics and formal concepts of layout and organization to design websites that effectively communicate using visual elements.
- Conceptualize and plan an internet-based business that applies appropriate business models and web technologies.
- Combine multiple web technologies to create advanced web components.
- Design websites using appropriate security principles, focusing specifically on the vulnerabilities inherent in common web implementations.
- Incorporate best practices in navigation, usability and written content to design websites that give users easy access to the information they seek.