Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate
Earn your Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate online at Champlain College Online and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect.
Our 18-credit online Computer Forensics & Digital Investigations Certificate will provide students with:
- The essential rationale underlying criminal law such as the nature of jurisdiction, the criminal act, the criminal state of mind and matters affecting responsibility for criminal conduct
- An in-depth coverage of computer crime statutes, management of evidence, and industry best-practices for examining computers that might contain crime-related information as well as how to prepare computer evidence for courtroom testimony
- Techniques used to investigate crimes perpetuated over the Internet and other telecommunications networks; crimes such as auction fraud and social engineering, e-mail scams and phishing will be analyzed
- Insight into the motives behind white-collar crime and methods used by white-collar criminals to pursue their criminal endeavors, and the enforcement strategies and techniques applied in these cases.
- Specialized areas of digital forensics, namely, information hiding, anti-forensics, and network forensics; data hiding and anti-forensics will be explored with a specific concentration on cryptography (secret writing) and steganography (hidden writing)
- Basic principles of digital media presented to show how digital images, audio, and video can be manipulated and how such manipulation can be detected
Note: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs. Stand-alone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CRIM 120||Criminal Law||3|
|CFDI 270||Anti-Forensics and Network Forensics||3|
|CFDI 240||Digital Forensic Investigation Techniques||3|
|CFDI 345||Operating System Forensics||3|
|Plus 2 of the following:|
|CFDI 310||Mobile Forensics||3|
|CFDI 350||White-Collar Crime||3|
|CFDI 320||File Forensics||3|
|Total Credits to Earn This Certificate:||18|
*Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.