Human Resource Management Certificate
Earn your Human Resource Management Certificate online at Champlain College Online and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect. This certificate program is designed for present and future human resources professionals who seek to hone their business and people skills. It includes a thorough introduction to everyday requirements of managing an HR department. In this program, you learn the management skills to effectively recruit, hire, support, develop and retain employees, as well as gain a thorough understanding of hiring laws, benefits packages, appraisals, employee rights and more.
Our Human Resource Management Certificate will:
- Show you how organizations gain sustainable competitive advantage through people
- Explore the legal and moral dimensions of affirmative action and the benefits of diversity to the workplace and of creating a safe and comfortable workplace for all employees
- Introduce you to the available resources that will allow you to maintain your knowledge in this rapidly changing field
- Teach you to find and retain people to meet the strategic needs of your organization
- Explore the most current legal and compliance issues related to the talent in your organization
- Provide insight into how to retain a company's employees through career development and effective training
Note: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs. Stand-alone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|MGMT 320||Managing Talent||3|
|MGMT 325||Strategic Human Resource Management||3|
|BLAW 370||Employment Law||3|
Plus 2 of the following:
|BLAW 140||Business Law I||3|
|MGMT 210||Managing Behavior in Organizations||3|
|MGMT 280||Organizational Development||3|
|COMM 340||Organizational Communication||3|
|COMM 350||Conflict Management||3|
|MGMT 370||Business Research Methods||3|
|Total Credits to Earn This Certificate:||15|
* Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.