Oral Communication Lab
For the Fall 2013 semester in MIC 204 - Drop-in Hours:
The OC's student tutors will be able to help Lab clients with all aspects of Oral Presentation assignments, including:
- determining the purpose of the speech and working with a clear focus
- researching the topic and organizing the content of a speech
- constructing well-reasoned persuasive speeches
- writing clear and interesting speeches to inform
- improving oral skills, such as expanding the range of vocal choices
- developing appropriate nonverbal communication techniques
- controlling nervousness and developing confidence as a public speaker
Flexible or Evening Appointments Also Available
The OC Lab will also schedule appointments outside of the regular lab hours. Students can arrange to meet with OC Lab tutors for one-on-one or small group sessions. A 48-hour advance notice is required. Tutors will schedule appointments on any day that is mutually agreed upon. All oral communication sessions will be held in the Miller Information Commons.
Please contact the lab director, Deb Alden (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment outside of regular lab hours.
About our O.C. Lab Tutors:
Sasha Darovskikh is a junior at Champlain College, majoring in Communication. He enjoys writing as well as many outdoor activities such as mountain biking, skiing and sailing. In addition, Sasha is an owner at our very own The Lodge and is currently creating his first prototype mountain bike, which he hopes to unveil sometime this year.
Leslie Duclos is a senior Communication major with a minor in Foreign Languages. This is her first year as a tutor for the Oral Communication Lab. Leslie is actively involved in Champlain Theater and with Champlain's improv comedy troupe, Los Dormant Volcanos.
Katherine Anderson is a sophomore at Champlain College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Littleton, MA, Katherine hopes to work as a journalist or freelance writer after graduation. She likes to read and write, is outgoing and excited to help people with their presentations.