Frequently Asked Questions

Billing Information Newsletters

Students and authorized users receive an email notification when a semester statement is posted to TouchNet, our payment system. Students and authorized users may view the statement and make online payments by the due date. For important detailed information  about your semester billing statements see below:

Undergraduate Students - 2017 Spring Semester Undergraduate Billing News

Continuing Professional Studies Students - 2017 Spring Semester CPS Billing News

Graduate Students - 2017 Spring Semester Graduate Billing News

truED Students - If you are a current truED student, your November billing statement will include the Fall Semester Session II billing for December due November 15 and your 2017 Spring Semester courses due November 25, 2016. Please review 2017 Spring Semester truED Billing News to learn about making payments or to enroll in a payment plan.

Frequently Asked Questions

For more information, please visit our web pages for Student Accounts. See the left bar menu for many topics.

When will my refund be ready?

We recommend that you receive your refund via Electronic Funds Transfer, for Champlain's sustainability initiatives and for your peace of mind. Electronic refunds are directly deposited to your bank account and an email notification is sent to the student when the refund has been released. Please see our Refunds page for more information.

Each semester, students who receive financial aid that overpays their student account statement, receive a refund after their enrollment is confirmed, beginning the third Friday of the semester. Students are encouraged to enroll in electronic refunds in support of our Champlain's sustainability initiatives. Student enrolled in electronic refunds will receive an email notification. If a student is not enrolled in electronic refunds, a check will be issued and will be available for pickup at the Enrollment Service Center at 174 Perry Hall from 1 pm - 4:30 pm on Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm the next Monday. Beginning with the 2017 Spring Semester, checks not picked up by Monday, will be mailed to the local address of the student if on file or the home address, unless it is a refund to the parent on a PLUS loan overpayment. Study Abroad students must also complete enrollment verification through the Office of International Education before a refund check can be mailed to the home address.

How do I update my address?

Addresses can be updated online at the Registrar's Office. If a student is not yet enrolled in electronic refunds to directly deposit to their bank account, a refund check is mailed to the local address during the academic year. We recommend electronic check refunds to avoid mailing delays.

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

No, we cannot accept payment by phone for your account security. Payments can be made in the form of:

  • Online through TouchNet, our payment system Making Payments on Student Accounts
  • Cash or check in person at the Enrollment Service Center at Perry Hal, Room 174l
  • Check via the mail- see address below

What is the mailing address to send payments for Student Accounts?

Please include your student's name and student ID number in the memo line of your check and mail to:

Champlain College
Office of Student Accounts
163 South Willard Street
PO Box 670
Burlington, VT 05402-0670

How do I receive a billing statement?

Spring billing statements are available online for all students. Statements are not mailed but may be printed from our TouchNet billing system. If you are the student, and would like to allow others to view and/or pay your bill online, please register them as an authorized user. Please visit our Making Payments on Student Accounts page for information on how to do this.

2017 Spring Semester bills are posted online November 4, 2016 and due November 25, 2016.

When are the Pay in Full due dates?

Summer: April 10
Fall: July 25
Spring: November 25

I do not feel comfortable paying my bill online. What other payment methods are available?

You may mail a check to the Office of Student Accounts. Please indicate the student ID number on the check. Or you can pay in person at the Enrollment Service Center, 174 Perry Hall.

Is a payment plan available?

Yes, full- time students may pay through the Tuition Management Payment Plan, TMS, offered for the academic year. (Ten Payments from May 15, 2016 to Feb 15, 2017). Please visit Payment Plans or for more information. There is a five payment plan for new students entering in the Spring Semester ( November 15, 2016 to February 15, 2017)

Yes, part-time students, summer, and graduate students may pay through our online payment plan each semester on TouchNET. Please visit Payment Plans for more information.

How can an undergraduate or MFA student full-time waive the Student Health Insurance?

Undergraduate traditional and MFA student may complete an online waiver form on WebAdvisor. On the Student menu, see "FT-Decline Health Ins" to access the form. Information on this process is located on our Student Health Insurance page.

What is the Deadline for Health Insurance Waivers?

New students enrolling for the 2017 Spring Semester must waive the Student Health Insurance between November 4 and November 25th. If not waived by January 13, 2017, the student will be enrolled in the health plan, receive a health card and the fee of $882 will remain due on account.

Students enrolled for the fall & spring semesters must annually waive the Student Health Insurance by July 25th, the payment due date. See Student Health Insurance.

Are students who are awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid eligible for Bookstore vouchers?

Students who have been awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid (Federal Direct, Perkins, or PLUS Loans and Pell and SEOG Grants) and will have a credit balance on their account are eligible to request book vouchers. These vouchers may be used at the Champlain College bookstore to purchase books and/or supplies. The College has the right to make to the final determination of the amount that is available for the student. Contact the Enrollment Service Center at 174 Perry Hall or email at or by calling 802.860.2777.

Eligible students who fail to take advantage of this opportunity will be deemed as opting out of this option for the semester.