Frequently Asked Questions

Billing Information Newsletters

Please click HERE if you are a Traditional Undergraduate student for your 2016 Spring Semester Billing Newsletter.

Please click HERE if you are a Continuing Professional Studies or Graduate student for your 2016 Spring Semester Billing Newsletter.

When will my refund check or electronic fund transfer be ready?

If you would like to receive your refund check via Electronic Funds Transfer, please see our Refunds page for more information. Electronic refunds are directly deposited to your bank account and an email notification is sent to the student when the refund has been released.

Each semester, students who receive financial aid that overpays their student account statement,  receive a refund after their enrollment is confirmed, beginning the third Friday of the semester.  Students are encouraged to enroll in electronic refunds in support of our Champlain's sustainability initiatives. Student enrolled in electronic refunds will receive an email notification. If  a student is not enrolled in electronic refunds, a check will be issued and will be available for pickup at the  Enrollment Service Center  at 174 Perry Hall from 1 pm - 4:30 pm on Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm the next Monday and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on Tuesday. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the local address of the student unless it is a refund to the parent on a PLUS loan overpayment. Study Abroad students must also complete enrollment verification through the Office of International Education before a refund check can be mailed to the home address.

How do I update my address?

Addresses can be updated online at the Registrar's Office. Refund checks are mailed to the local address during the academic year. We encourage electronic check refunds to avoid mailing delays.

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

No, payment can ONLY be made in the form of:

  • Online at Secure Online Payment
  • Cash or check in person at the Office of Student Accounts
  • Check via the mail

What is the mailing address to send payments for Student Accounts?

Champlain College
Office of Student Accounts
163 South Willard Street
PO Box 670
Burlington, VT 05402-0670

How do I receive a billing statement?

Spring billing statements are available online for all students. Bills will not be mailed. If you are the student, and would like to allow others to view and/or pay your bill online, please register them as an authorized user. Please visit our Payment Plan page for information on how to do this.

Spring 2016  bills will be available online approximately November 5, 2015.

When are the Pay in Full due dates?

Summer: April 10
Fall: July 27
Spring: November 27

I do not feel comfortable paying my bill online. What other payment methods are available?

You can mail a check to the Office of Student Accounts. Please indicate the student ID number on the check. Or you can pay in person at the Office of Student Accounts Office located at 140 Perry Hall.

Is a payment plan available?

Yes, full- time students may pay through the Tuition Management Payment Plan, TMS, offered for the spring semester. (Five Payments Oct 15, 2015 to Feb 15, 2016). Please visit Payment Plans or for more information.

Yes, part-time students, summer and graduate students may pay through the online payment plan each semester through our online payment service. Please visit Payment Plans for more information.

How can an undergraduate or MFA student enrolled full-time waive the Student Health Insurance?

New 2016 Spring Semester students waive the insurance on WebAdvisor, see "FT-Decline Health Ins" to access the online waiver form. Information on this process is located on our Student Health Insurance page.

What is the Deadline for Health Insurance Waivers?

Students enrolled for the fall & spring semesters must waive the Student Health Insurance by August 28. New students in the spring semester must waive by January 15.

Are students who are awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid eligible for Bookstore vouchers?

Students who have been awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid (Federal Direct, Perkins, or PLUS Loans and Pell and SEOG Grants) and will have a credit balance on their account are eligible to request book vouchers. These vouchers may be used at the Champlain College bookstore to purchase books and/or supplies. The College has the right to make to the final determination of the amount that is available for the student.

Eligible students who fail to take advantage of this opportunity will be deemed as opting out of this option for the semester.