A private college established in 1878, Champlain College is a national leader in preparing passionate students for rewarding careers and notable lives.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Areas of Study: Over 80 subject areas, including undergraduate majors, minors, specializations, graduate degrees and certificate programs.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12:1
- Enrollment: 2,000 students from 41 states and 22 countries.
- Male-to-female ratio: 62% male, 38% female.
- Average class size: 17 (maximum 30).
- Number of Clubs, Activities and Organizations: 50+
- Placement Rate: Over 90% of all Champlain alumni are working in their chosen field within one year of graduation.
- Prime Location: 214 miles to Boston. 104 miles to Montreal. 300 miles to New York City.
- Academic Philosophy: True learning occurs when information and experience combine to create knowledge. An emphasis on career preparation and continuous self-improvement creates a direct path to professional success and a rewarding life.
- Undergraduate Studies: Individually tailored career-focused programs blend transformative classroom teaching rooted in an understanding of tomorrow's workplace with active experiences, multidisciplinary studies and life skills training.
- Undergraduate Degrees: Associate of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Work.
- Online Degrees & Continuing Education: This faster, more affordable approach to advanced education offers focused, self-directed learning on any schedule and credit for prior work or college experience.
- Graduate Studies: Flexible on-line learning programs deliver the latest management skills and concepts in key disciplines while using work experiences to drive understanding of theory.
- Graduate Degrees: Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Fine Art and Master of Science.
- Upside-Down Curriculum: Unique educational architecture enables first-year students to immediately take significant courses in their major.
- Rankings: Top Pick in Princeton Review's The Best 378 Colleges: 2014 edition. Top "Up-and-Comer" College in the the North according to the 2014 edition of U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges.
- Internships: Available in all majors.
- Main Campus: Modern environmentally-sensitive campus located in scenic Burlington, Vermont, named the country's Healthiest City, Best Adventure Town, #1 Happiest Small City, #2 Great Place to Live, a top-25 Small City for Art, Best College Towns, and one of its Prettiest Cities, Most Sustainable Cities and Top-10 Cities for the Next Decade.
- Housing: First-year students are housed in 19 restored Victorian-era mansions whose historical character is complemented by wireless and other technologies. Additional residential options include modern apartment and suite lodging.
- International Programs: Academic centers in Montreal and Dublin, and foreign study programs in Shanghai, China; Ifrane, Morocco and Auckland, New Zealand offer guided immersion-study, internships and service learning experiences.
- Percentage of Students Who Study Abroad: More than 50%
- Fitness: Full student fitness center with classes; organized outings like ice and rock climbing; travel excursions and an extensive roster of club sports including basketball, soccer, volleyball, ice hockey, rugby and lacrosse.
- Recreation: Located near hundreds of miles of ski, snowboard, hiking and bike trails.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: Champlain College awards scholarships based on academic achievement and financial need.