Career & Internship Opportunities
As a professionally focused institution, Champlain emphasizes the value of getting as much time in the field as possible. We go to great lengths to create the best options for our students to do so. Champlain has established close ties with the local business community, and Champlain students are the interns of choice at numerous businesses in and around Vermont, including GE Healthcare, Burton Snowboards, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Office of U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy, among others. In fact, many local companies seek out interns from Champlain year after year and frequently turn to our graduates when looking to fill a full-time job vacancy.
If you have the drive, we will work with you extensively to help you find and secure-or create-an internship that will give you a chance to really dig into the work of your profession, build up your professional portfolio and capture impressive credentials for your resume.
Take a look at some of the career and internship opportunities graduates of Champlain have had:
Robert P. Stiller School of Business
Communication & Creative Media
Education & Human Studies
Information Technology & Sciences
Career Services is located in the Garden House, off of South Willard Street. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Call us at (802) 860-2720 to schedule an appointment with your career advisor .
The mission of our office is to engage students in developing essential skills and resources for a lifetime of career management.
The Career Services Staff maintains a database of jobs exclusively for Champlain College students and alumni. The JobSpot is updated daily and accessible 24/7:
- Jobs in VT: Full and part-time Jobs in VT.
- Seven Days: Local newspaper with excellent classified section. Check it out online!
- Craigslist Vermont: An online clearinghouse which includes local job opportunities.
- North Country Help Wanted: Find a full-time or part-time position. Discover entry level or executive opportunities
- State of Vermont Employment Opportunities: The state of Vermont offers excellent benefits and opportunities in all areas.
- Burlington Free Press: Check out local jobs listings through CareerBuilder in the classified section of Burlington's most popular local newspaper.
- Weekly Part-Time Jobs Flyer: A weekly list of part-time job openings near Burlington. For summer jobs, be sure to check out the Weekly Summer Jobs Flyer.