The Blue Stool Project was born in September 2011. The brainchild of Bob Selby and Chuck Bashaw, subsequently nudged along in its growth by Cinse Bonino and Eric Ronis, the Blue Stool Project is a series of "flash" lectures given on the Champlain College campus. The goal is to address topics that might not normally come up in the classroom, and to engage in a more "guerilla" style of teaching/learning.
Archive of Past Lectures
- Eric Ronis, "'Reality' TV and the Bastardization of Chekhov"
- Cinse Bonino, "The Zen of Oddness"
- Jen Vincent, "Six Degrees of Separation"
- Kerry Noonan and Steve Wehmeyer, "iFolk? FolkU! Why Rumors, Urban Legends, and Ghost Stories are Important and Why Champlain College Students Need to Know about Them"
- Dave Finney, "A Coin Toss and the Existence of God"
- Susyn Dees, "Radiation: Where does it lurk? and What's it doing to/for us???"
- Eric Ronis, "When the Umpire Perpetuates Rules of a Game Fraught with Injustice"
- Gary Scudder, "The UAE's Brave New World"
- Chuck Bashaw, "A Re-Telling of the Tale of Job"
- Laurel Bongiorno, "Fairy Tales and Blocks: Learning Through Play"
Films of some of them can be found at http://teachableevents.wordpress.com/blue-stool-speech/.