JAVA PROGRAMMING CERTIFICATE
Earn your Java programming certificate online at Champlain College and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect. In this 18-credit program, students learn to develop applications and applets using Java language programming concepts and techniques, including inheritance, polymorphism, abstract classes and interfaces, multithreading, graphical user interfaces, linked data structures and more. They then incorporate the concepts learned in a simulated and/or real-world software development environment, learning the software development life cycle from the initial requirements phase of a software system into the deployment and support phase.
Our online Java coding certificate:
- Builds a foundation of fundamental concepts of programming and the science of computing. Topics include computer logic, algorithms, program design and structure; object oriented programming principles, the Internet and computer architecture.
- Includes a focus on database theory as applied to the design, development and implementation of database-driven web applications. You will learn how to use Structured Query Language (SQL) to access and modify data in relational databases. Important concepts for developing web-enabled Java database applications.
- Teaches you the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with Java through hands-on projects representing typical programming applications. You will learn how to use classes, objects, encapsulation, inheritance, selection, repetition and basic data structures to build Java applications.
- Web-based Java applications are embedded in web pages, so it is important for you to learn the fundamental skills necessary to design and develop Web pages. You will learn Hypertext markup Language (HTML) syntax and layout, creating effective Web pages, inclusion of graphics and designing the presentation and coherent organization of Web pages.
- Learn to develop n-tiered Java coding programs and learn advanced GUI applications, developing remote objects. Upon completion of the certificate, you will be able to create applications that work with Java's Concurrency API for multithreading and will work with other advanced topics such as JDBC, MVC and more.
Note: Federal financial aid is only available for associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs. Standalone certificate programs are ineligible for financial aid.
|CMIT 200||Relational DB Design & SQL||3|
|SDEV 250||Java Programming I||3|
|SDEV 350||Java Programming II||3|
|SDEV 450||Enterprise Java Programming||3|
* Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call a CPS Counselor at 888-545-3459 for more information.