Keys to Success
The Five Keys to High School Financial Literacy
- Financial literacy topics must be taught in a course that students are required to take as a graduation requirement.
- Teacher training is critical. To effectively educate our students about personal finance, we need confident, well-trained educators.
- Funding is needed to ensure that these classes are offered to all high school students.
- In order to make sure that the high school classroom personal finance training is working, we need to give students quality standard assessments on knowledge and behaviors.
- Educators need easy access to quality curriculum, lesson plans, calculators, videos, games, applications, activities, projects, case studies, articles and expert volunteer speakers. A state's online education platform is ideal for providing these tools.