Champlain College Students Return This Weekend - Check Out the New App for the Schedule
Champlain College will welcome the Class of 2021 to campus on Friday, Aug. 25. Residence halls for first-year students will open at 8 a.m. Returning Champlain students will move into the residence hall on Sunday. Plans are being implemented to manage the traffic and parking challenges associated with the move-in process, including organizing student and staff volunteers to help move students in quickly and hiring of extra traffic control at key intersections. The schedule for Champlain's move-in:
- Friday 8 to 11:30 a.m.: Please expect additional traffic around Burlington (our neighbor The University of Vermont is also welcoming new students on Friday) with the heaviest volume expected between 8 - 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday: Residence Halls open for returning students at 8 a.m. Expect some increase in traffic around both campuses on Sunday.
Here are some highlights of the Orientation schedule on Friday:
- 11 a.m to 1 p.m.: Lunch for students, families and friends, IDX Dining Hall and Rozendaal Courtyard.
- 1-1:30 p.m.: President's Welcome, Finney Quad
- 1:45-3 p.m.: Student Orientation Group Meetings, various locations
- 3-4 p.m.; Convocation, Perry Hall, Tent
- 4 p.m.: Class of 2021 Photo, Finney Quad
The first day of classes at Champlain is Monday, Aug. 28. A Work-Study and Part-Time Job Fair will also be held from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the IDX Student Life Center's Argosy Gym. App Instructions for Attendees:
We now have a mobile app available for you with the full Orientation schedule, including session details, interactive location maps and links to Champlain College social media feeds. Here's how to get the app:
- Go to your favorite App Store and download the free "Eventbase" app to your smartphone.
- Once you have opened the app on your phone: search for "Champlain" and select "Champlain College Fall Orientation". To get started, click on "Enter Event".
- Note that for most scheduled sessions, you can also click on the Location of the session to access an interactive map that will help you find your way.
- If you highlight the Star next to any session title, that session will be added to your My Agenda section. So once you've highlighted all of the sessions you want to attend, you can access your own personal schedule by returning to the main menu and choosing "My Agenda".
Don't have a smartphone handy? You can also access all of the same information on your computer by linking to this website: https://free.eventbase.com/event/eventbase/champlain-college-fall-orientation-2017/events
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, not-for-profit, private college in Burlington, Vermont, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Champlain offers a traditional undergraduate experience from its beautiful campus overlooking Lake Champlain and over 90 residential undergraduate and online undergraduate and graduate degree programs and certificates. Champlain's distinctive career-driven approach to higher education embodies the notion that true learning occurs when information and experience come together to create knowledge. Champlain College is included in the Princeton Review's The Best 384 Colleges: 2019 Edition. For the fourth year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's 2019 "America's Best Colleges,” and a “Best Value School” and is ranked in the top 100 “Regional Universities of the North” and in the top 25 for “Best Undergraduate Teaching.” Champlain is also featured in the Fiske Guide to Colleges for 2019 as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada and Great Britain and is a 2019 College of Distinction. For more information, visit champlain.edu.