Do you want to study abroad and completely immerse yourself in a foreign country and language? Through Champlain's partner program with the Fudan Unversity and The Education Abroad Network (TEAN), you can spend a semester abroad in Shanghai, China.
Why Shanghai, China?
Translated as "Above the Sea," Shanghai is a port city located on an estuary of the Yangtze River. What was once a fishing town is now China's largest economic, commercial and financial center. It is also one of twelve UNESCO-designated Cities of Design in the world, attracting creative students, scholars and professionals year-round. You'll be completely immersed in the Chinese culture as you learn the language, explore the ancient temples and pagodas, and live in the heart of the urban city.
Why Shanghai with Champlain College?
Like the Champlain Abroad signature programs in Dublin and Montreal, students are able to take advantage of internship, service learning and volunteer immersion opportunities during their time abroad in Shanghai, China.
For the last three years, Champlain's Robert P. Stiller School of Business has been the recipient of a prestigious grant from the Freeman Foundation, allowing Champlain students from any major within the Stiller School of Business to participate in a fully-funded summer internship in Shanghai, China. Some students selected for this program choose to study abroad in Shanghai for the spring semester prior to beginning the Freeman internship program.
Who Can Enroll?
The Champlain Abroad Global Partner Program at Fudan Univesity in Shanghai, China, is open to all Champlain College students.
What is Fudan University?
ABOUT FUDAN UNIVERSITY
- Founded in 1905, Fudan is consistently ranked in the top three universities in China, in the top 100 universities globally and number one in Shanghai based on the QS World University Rankings 2015.
- Fudan University also has 13 subject areas ranked in the world's top 100 universities - with Politics and International Studies ranked 40th in the world and second in China - based on the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- Of Fudan's approximately 29,000 students, 3,000 are international students from more than 120 different countries.
- The campus combines modern China with the traditions and customs of the university's rich 100-year history. Modern towers complement beautiful Chinese gardens and provide a stimulating and contemplative environment for learning.
- Located in the Yangpu District, north of Shanghai's city center, the university is serviced by the city's extensive subway system with a train station is just a short walk from campus.
Areas of Study Include (but not limited to):
- Business Administration
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
- Event Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Banking
- International Business
- International Economics and Trade
- International Law
- International Relationships
- Tourism Management
Where is the Program Located?
Fudan University, 220 Handan Rd, WuJiaoChang, Yangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200433
When Can I Go?
Fudan University operates on a semester schedule. The fall semester begins in September and runs through January, and the spring semester begins in March and ends in July. Students also have the option to study abroad for the full academic year or in the summer.
Interested in applying?
Check out the application deadlines:
Deadlines for Applications
- Fall Semester or Academic Year Abroad: March 15
- Spring Semester Abroad: October 15