Suggest a Book
Scholarly book reviews online:
The print and online information resources provided through the library are a strong academic asset of the college. To ensure that the collection continues to grow appropriately in depth and breadth, librarians work with faculty throughout the campus. Faculty-identified book requests are encouraged and play a strong role in our successful collection development and acquisitions process. We are happy to work with you to support your specific program as well as core general education needs (see the library's draft Collection Development Policy).
Faculty-identified book requests are encouraged and most welcome. You can telephone or stop by the library to discuss specific resource needs or send requests for books or media via e-mail directly to Jessica Allard (865-8468 or email@example.com). You will be notified by e-mail when recommended or requested books are received, processed and available for use.
Working collaboratively first and foremost helps us to develop a strong and relevant print book collection. Second, it gives you an opportunity to provide direct input into the collection, thereby providing students with print books that support and augment your classroom instruction. Third, it functions as a current awareness service; participating in the library's outreach effort makes it easy for you to stay current with new books in your discipline.
We use Choice Current Reviews for Academic Libraries as a selection tool. Choice Reviews Online is available to you as well, so please feel free to read reviews in your discipline and send us your suggestions. The reviews in Choice are all signed and written by academic experts in their fields. If you would rather receive online reviews of current academic books in your particular discipline via email, monthly selections from Choice Current Reviews for Academic Libraries can be forwarded to you. These reviews are arranged under the following broad categories:
- Art & Architecture (Fine Arts, Architecture, Photography)
- Language and Literature (African & Middle Eastern, Asian & Oceanian, Classical, English & American, Germanic, Romance, Slavic)
- Performing Arts (Film, Music, Theater & Dance)
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- History of Science & Technology
- Astronautics & Astronomy
- Biology (Botany, Zoology)
- Earth Science
- Health Sciences
- Information & Computer Science
- Sports & Physical Education
SOCIAL & BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
- Business, Management & Labor
- History, Geography & Area Studies (Africa, Ancient History, Asian & Oceania, Central & Eastern Europe, Latin America & the Caribbean, Middle East & North Africa, North America, United Kingdom, Western Europe)
- Political Science (Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory, U.S. Politics)