Wei Kian Chen received his Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in 1996, 1998, and 2005, respectively.
His research interests are Association Mining, Classification, Data Mining, Database, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Software Engineering and others.
He is an active member of ACM, IEEE, SIGCSE and CCSC. In addition, he is also a member of the International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines (Upsilon Phi Epsilon) and the Honor Society for International Scholars (Phi Beta Delta).
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC)
- International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines (Upsilon Phi Epsilon)
- Honor Society for International Scholars (Phi Beta Delta)
- Chen, W. K., & Hall, B. R. (2013). Applying software engineering in CS1. In Proceedings of the 18th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE '13, Canterbury, UK. ACM. doi:10.1145/2462476.2462480
- Reading, swimming, playing piano, learning new languages
- Language capabilities
- English, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Hakka (excellent writing and speaking ability)
- German and Japanese (good reading, writing, and speaking ability)