Champlain's BFA program in Filmmaking prepares our students to succeed in their fields of choice within the filmmaking industry.
Graduates from the Filmmaking (BFA) program will be able to:
- Analyze the historical and theoretical foundations of filmmaking;
- Create film work that manifests the filmmaker's unique voice;
- Analyze story structure and the screenwriting process for use in the critique and creation of film;
- Apply current best practices in cinematography;
- Apply current best practices in editing language and visual effects;
- Effectively manage the resources and logistics required to produce a film;
- Collaborate as a member or leader of a filmmaking team;
- Evaluate the ethical implications inherent in filmmaking practices;
- Analyze one's own interests and skills in the context of filmmaking industry challenges and opportunities in order to help formulate career goals; and
- Analyze the relationship between film and other art forms and intellectual disciplines.