In the App Development major, you'll be immersed in experiential learning for four years.
You'll have extraordinary opportunities to use your education in practical ways, and you'll gain industry knowledge from expert faculty. By the time you graduate, you will have valuable expertise in your field and the confidence that comes from experience. You will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Work effectively as part of a team to develop and deliver quality software artifacts.
- Design solutions using approaches that integrate ethical, social, legal, and economic responsibilities.
- Recognize the applicability of computing and evaluate its impact on individuals, organizations, and global society.
- Evaluate and use appropriate methods and professional standards in computing practice.
- Explore historical, current, and emerging techniques and technologies, founded on a commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics within technical domains.
- Apply computing theory and programming principles to practical software design and development.
- Analyze, design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Identify problems and formulate solutions for systems and organizations while reconciling conflicting objectives and finding compromises.
- Design ergonomic and aesthetic user interfaces that are accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Explain economic processes, customer acquisition techniques, and business models.