Champlain Broadcast Media Production Graduates Are Ready
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's majors features learning opportunities and skills that help our students create highly marketable résumés.
- All members of the Broadcast Media Production faculty are professionals in their field, which is an essential factor in our students getting the most cutting-edge education.
- In a variety of classes, Broadcast Media Production students get to work with real-life clients: businesses, nonprofits, and individuals. Students complete client projects on a professional level. Our students have had PSAs aired on television and promotional materials posted on websites.
- Broadcast Media Production students typically take three or four internships over the course of their program, which gives them stellar credentials and recommendations.
- Broadcast Media Production students have the opportunity to work on-air at the Champlain Wave, our web-radio station, and gain valuable skills in producing, writing, and hosting shows, and as editors, board operators, and social media managers.
- In the Broadcast Media Production Capstone class, seniors continuously revise their résumés and cover letters and put a portfolio together to send to future employers. During class time, students practice interviews with professionals from the Burlington area. Many students attribute their high degree of success in their job searches after graduation to the preparation that took place during the Capstone class.
Career Success rates for our Class of 2019 Broadcast Media Production grads
100% of students who graduated from this major in 2019 are either employed or continuing their education just six months after graduation.
Recent Broadcast Media Production graduates have accepted various positions, including:
ABC Studios // Assistant Editor/Videographer // New York, NY
Vermont PBS // Media Specialist // Colchester, VT
Sugarbush Resort // Lead Snow Reporter // Waitsfield, VT
Radio Vermont Group // Digital Services Administrator // Waterbury, VT
Danvers Community Access Television (DCAT) // Videographer // Danvers, MA
WCAX-TV // Reporter and Producer // Burlington, VT
Champlain College Class of 2019 Joins the Workforce
Champlain's Career Collaborative team surveys alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going. The College-wide results below are based on an outstanding 91% response rate—significantly higher than most post-graduation college surveys.
- 91% are either employed or continuing their education within six months after graduating.
- 88% of the graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
- 89% also indicated that they had completed one or more internships or other experiential learning opportunities before graduation.
The Results Are Clear
Our graduates are thriving; their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.