The important skills you develop through the Sonic Arts concentration will give you a tremendous advantage in the marketplace when you begin your job search—this highly specialized skillset is much in demand for creating today's broadcast, video, and streaming media professionals.
- Learn the fundamentals of music and how to create it on the computer using digital tools.
- Hands-on sound production courses will introduce you to audio techniques, covering the basics of writing, producing, and engineering productions for audio production.
- Learn how to write, produce, and perform a variety of programs including news, interviews, commercials, dramas, and documentaries.
- Gain a solid understanding of digital audio recording and editing techniques for persuasion, information and entertainment, as well as the experience you need to be proficient in technical aspects of sound and music production, such as signal flows, mixing, mastering, compression, asset management, and online delivery.
- Delve into creating sounds using current industry standard synthesizers by working at digital audio workstations to record and organize synthesized sounds and explore the vast array of electronic effects in Apple Logic.
- Courses toward the end of the concentration sequence will have a specific emphasis on the creative and artistic approaches to sound design.
Courses in the Sonic Arts primary concentration include:
If you choose Sonic Arts as a secondary concentration, requirements will differ from those shown.