Champlain's tradition of providing an excellent business education dates to 1878; from the beginning, we've created a legacy of extremely successful job placements. However, this is not your grandparents' business degree.
International Business students are immersed in the tools and technologies that keep making the world a smaller and smaller place. On top of a solid foundation of business knowledge, you'll build an understanding of cultural nuance and global adaptability.
The industry experience gained through our learn-by-doing approach makes our graduates stand out in their field.
Our Grads Are Primed for Success In Global Business
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, International Business majors can take advantage of numerous hands-on learning opportunities and Champlain benefits, enhancing your experience and helping you build an impressive résumé. Highlights include:
- All members of the International Business faculty are professionals in their field, which is an essential factor in our students getting the most cutting-edge education possible.
- International Business students get to work with real-life clients: businesses, nonprofits, and individuals. Students complete projects for people in their field who then use their work on a professional level. It's real experience that students include on their résumés.
- International Business students get opportunities to obtain many internships with local companies over the course of their program, which gives them stellar résumé listings and recommendations.
- In the International Business Capstone class, seniors complete five sets of revisions to their résumé and cover letters, join professional organizations, spruce up their LinkedIn profiles, look up jobs in the industry, and put together an interview portfolio. During class time, students practice interviews with professionals from the Burlington area to ensure they are well prepared for the interviews they will have upon—or even before—graduation.
Recent International Business graduates have accepted various positions, including:
- Esplanade Travel // Travel Consultant // Boston, MA
- Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation // Loan Partner // South Burlington, VT
- Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) // Marketing Coordinator // McLean, VA
- LOLI Beauty // Operations and Supply Chain Manager // New York, NY
- MetLife // Client Services Consultant // Bridgewater, NJ
- Panera Catering Corporate // Business Development Representative // Waltham, MA
- Rock Ridge Country Club // Assistant Manager // Newtown, CT
Champlain College Class of 2019 Joins the Workforce
Champlain's Career Collaborative team surveys alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going. The College-wide results below are based on an outstanding 91% response rate—significantly higher than most post-graduation college surveys.
- 91% are either employed or continuing their education within six months after graduating.
- 88% of the graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
- 89% also indicated that they had completed one or more internships or other experiential learning opportunities before graduation.
The Results Are Clear
Our graduates are thriving; their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.