In Champlain's Broadcast Media Production program, you're exposed to all forms of content, from news and sports to entertainment and informational pieces. Through collaborations with professionals in the field, as well as internships and hands-on experience, you'll immerse yourself in broadcast media techniques, such as single-camera production, editing, writing, directing and producing creative content for radio, television, business communications and the internet. Proficiencies in multiple areas will increase your marketability in a dynamic industry.
By the time you complete the academic and internship requirements for your Broadcast Media Production degree, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and critique broadcast and production practices both holistically and in terms of their component parts, namely: audio, video, scripting, production and editing.
- Write effectively for broadcast media and client-based production, with an emphasis on clarity, story structure and brevity.
- Demonstrate competency in shooting and editing video in the field and studio, using professional-level equipment and non-linear editing systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in recording and editing for audio productions.
- Produce sophisticated deliverables for clients in a variety of areas, namely: corporate/industrial, informational/educational and commercial/promotional.
- Synthesize business, marketing and advertising contexts and concerns with the technical aspects of producing media.