Creative Media Career Success
Why Creative Media?
Employers are searching for people who can come up with creative solutions and move between multiple media. Proficiency with a variety of platforms will make you exceptionally valuable in the workplace, and your multifaceted ideas will explore avenues others may neglect.
Over the course of your four years, you'll explore different genres and disciplines, and gain the understanding and skills to mix them together. By the time you graduate, you'll have a variety of skill sets that will allow you to advance quickly within your field post-graduation.
Career Success Rates for Our Class of 2018 Creative Media Grads
93% of students who graduated from this major in 2018 are either employed or continuing their education just six months after graduation.
Recent Creative Media graduates from the Class of 2018 have accepted various positions, including:
- Micropup Games // Creative Director and Narrative Designer // Burlington, VT
- Louisiana Children's Museum // Exhibit and Play Facilitator // New Orleans, LA
- Building Contractors Association, Inc. // Social Media Manager // New York, NY
Champlain Creative Media BFA Graduates Are Ready.
In addition to the extensive career-focused support offered College-wide, the Creative Media BFA features learning opportunities that help students create highly marketable résumés and portfolios.
- This major is very conscious of branding, entrepreneurship, and curatorial practices, grounding you in the business of interdisciplinary artistic endeavor. You will graduate from this program as a confident, articulate person, able to express your process, your artistic voice, and your personal brand.
- In Studio Workshops, you'll build your portfolio, learn how to critique your work and that of your peers, and grow confident in your sense of self-expression.
- You'll be ready to interview with prospective employers or apply to an MFA program.
- In Salon Seminars—course experiences that most students don't have until the MFA (Master of Fine Arts) level—you'll study the theoretical underpinnings of art in the Western and global traditions and engage in creative discussions about the arts.
- All students document a portfolio of work and post to individual online portfolio sites, which demonstrates your technical proficiency, conceptual integrity and creative vision and will give you an outstanding platform from which to launch your post-college career.
Champlain College Class of 2018 Joins the Workforce
Champlain's Career Collaborative team surveys alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going. The College-wide results below are based on an outstanding 89% response rate—significantly higher than most post-graduation college surveys.
- 94% are either employed or continuing their education within six months after graduating.
- 91% of the graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
- 92% also indicated that they had completed one or more internships or other experiential learning opportunities before graduation.
The Results Are Clear
Our graduates are thriving; their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.