Internships In the Creative Media Major
Create a Highly Marketable Creative Media Résumé
The Creative Media major will provide you with a great depth in the specific skills that will allow you to approach and creatively solve problems—which is highly attractive to employers—while integrating the knowledge you gained in your specializations to give you the most flexibility in the rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Because you'll follow an in-depth curriculum starting in your first semester, you'll be qualified sooner for internships. Creative Media majors have interned with local arts centers, including the Flynn Center for Performing Arts, in roles such as gallery intern, design intern, and events intern.
Recent Internship Locations for Creative Media Majors:
- Champlain Wave // Radio Host // Burlington, VT
- Digital Media Academy // Instructor and Teaching Assistant // New York, NY
- ECHO, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain // UX Designer // Burlington, VT
- Irish Arts Center // Programming/Production, New Media, Development and Marketing Intern // New York, NY
- Champlain College Emergent Media Center // UX Designer // Burlington, VT
- Lorenzo de Medici International Internship // Fine Art Restoration Blogger // Florence, Italy
- Champlain College Art Gallery // Gallery Assistant and Student Curator // Burlington, VT
How We Prepare You for Experiential Learning
We want you to be well prepared for your first internship, externship, or other fieldwork. After your first year of exploratory practical education, you'll be ready to work with your Career Advisor to take the next step.
- The Upside-Down Curriculum allows you to get extensive classroom learning and hands-on experience with industry professionals in your first year, which gives you the real-world skills and qualifications to begin taking an internship or externship as early as the summer before your sophomore year.
- Champlain's Career Collaborative will help you develop your professional résumé and hone your interview skills. Early on in your studies, you'll be able to show employers what you know.
- Your professors will become your reliable mentors, pointing out the strategic academic and cocurricular activities that will help you build your professional skill set and enhance your résumé.
Local and national employers turn to Champlain for college interns because they are better prepared to work in professional environments than the majority of their peers from other institutions. Many Champlain graduates receive full- and part-time job offers from the organizations where they first took their internships or externships.
Read more about Champlain graduates' Career Success.