Focused Areas of Study For Creative Media Majors
The core of your Creative Media curriculum will consist of courses in one primary area of focus and two complementary areas. These specializations reflect creative concentrations in which artists can find a professional application for their expressions.
To see how these specializations match up in the entire four-year curriculum landscape, see the Creative Media major curriculum.
Specializations in the Creative Media Major
- The Creative Writing specialization will allow you to develop your unique voice by studying the craft and discipline of writing.
- The Game Media specialization will allow you to explore the process of creating visual elements and assets for game media.
- The Interaction Design specialization will introduce you to the sensory side of interfaces—sounds, images, how pages move—with a focus on interactivity as a design element.
- The Moving Image specialization will allow you to explore the power of the moving image, from narrative storytelling to non-narrative experimental filmmaking.
- The Visual Art & Design specialization provides you with the opportunity to push creative boundaries by studying a combination of drawing, print making, photography, and digital art.
- The Sonic Arts specialization will introduce you to the world of sound, including recording and music production techniques, such as signal flow, mixing, mastering, compression, and online delivery