The faculty of the Robert P. Stiller School of Business at Champlain College spends a lot of time working with employers and internship sites to determine the exact skills, knowledge and characteristics they are seeking in job candidates. The Management & Innovation program gives you the skills employers value most highly.
Upon completion of the Champlain College bachelor's degree program in Management and Innovation, a graduate will be able to:
- observe and interpret how people interact with their environment to uncover new opportunities that others miss, and reframe problems in new ways;
- apply best practices in management to make plans, organize projects, align resources, build relationships, monitor outcomes and provide team leadership;
- apply analytical, creative and intuitive thinking styles to seek and diagnose problems, explore opportunities and evaluate existing paradigms to business advantage;
- bring an original idea (venture, product or service) from fuzzy concept to prototype design to feasibility testing to the reality of potential launch; and
- identify obstacles to success and design strategies to overcome them to get ideas implemented.