In this program, you'll gain the knowledge, values, and skills to join the growing group of social work professionals who are making positive change in the world.
Enjoy close and supportive interpersonal relationships with your program director, field practicum coordinator, and Social Work program instructors as you gain competence in the knowledge, values, and skills you need to help people improve their lives.
By the time you complete the academic and internship requirements for your Social Work degree at Champlain College, you will:
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct yourself accordingly.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Respond to contexts that shape practice.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.