Grounded in a social justice framework, the social work program at Champlain College prepares generalist social workers for competent and ethical practice and dynamic leadership in change efforts with diverse individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations across local and global settings.
Graduates of the Program will:
- Identify as a professional social worker, demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Engage in research informed practice consistent with the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and diversity, inclusion and the strengths perspective in their work with individuals, family, group, community and organizational systems.
- Advocate for social justice, promote and work to eliminate oppression and discrimination through their practice and through leadership in the profession and in the community.
- Seek career development opportunities and lifelong learning to build sustainable practice.