You can apply to Champlain College using the Common Application or the Champlain College Application. The Common Application allows you to apply to many schools at the same time, and our Champlain College Application is painless to complete. Both are free. Regardless of which you choose, all applications are considered equally. We request that you do not submit more than one application for admission.
- Early Decision Deadline November 15, 2018
- Regular Decision Deadline January 15, 2019
COMMON APPLICATION CHAMPLAIN COLLEGE APPLICATION
The Admissions Committee has a holistic review process that includes reviewing the applicant’s academic performance in high school and college. More emphasis is placed on the applicant’s college-level coursework, especially for those who have completed a year or more of credit. If an applicant has completed less than a year of college credit, the high school transcript is given more weight in consideration. In general, the Admissions Committee is seeking transfer students with the ability to thrive in a unique environment that combines both an academic and career focused education.
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or higher required for consideration for admission to Champlain College
- Applicants are evaluated based on the demands and success of their secondary school curriculum, as well as proven success in the college work that has been completed.
- Strong writing skills are important for all applicants.
- Some programs will require a portfolio submission for consideration for admission. For a list of those programs, please click here.
- Some programs will require pre-requisite courses be completed prior to enrollment at Champlain - please consult the Transfer Admission Counselor to discuss.
- Champlain will award credit for:
- A score of “4” or better on the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Exam.
- A score of “5” or better earned on the Higher Level (HL) International Baccalaureate (IB) Exam.
- A minimum score of 50 or better on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exam.
- Official SAT or ACT scores are optional but recommended, especially if the applicant has fewer than 30 credits completed at the time of application. Champlain's SAT code is 3291 and our ACT code is 4298. SAT and ACT score reports must be sent to Champlain from the CollegeBoard and ACT websites respectively.
- All test scores must be certified by our office with an official score report. We do not award credit for Standard Level (SL) International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams.