The Admissions Senior interns are a select group of Champlain College seniors who work closely with the Undergraduate Admissions team. Interns have a vast knowledge of Champlain College and are very involved on our campus. They are interested in meeting and communicating with prospective students and families. The Admissions counseling team spends much of the fall traveling across the country to high schools and various college fairs. In their absence, the interns are well trained to greet prospective students and their families, answer questions about Champlain, and even host one-on-one informational student interviews.
The interns are an important part of our office and are always willing to help answer questions about Champlain College, our admissions process, and our campus community. As current Champlain seniors, they are some of the best individuals to give you a true sense of what it is like to be a Champlain student! If you are a prospective student for Fall 2018 who is interested in setting up a meeting with one our Senior Interns, please follow this scheduling procedure:
Informational Student Interview Schedule
- Interns are available for one-on-one meetings during the following times:
- Monday: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:30 am - 12:00 pm, 3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 - 11:30am, 12:30 - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm, 3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Select Saturdays and Open Houses
- Prospective students who wish to have an interview MUST schedule a time by contacting Sue Chamberlain at 802.860.2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date and time.
- Keep in mind that our interviews are meant to be informative and fun. They are a chance for you to tell us more about yourself and your application, but also a time when our interns can help answer your questions about Champlain College.
- If you are unable to come to campus for an interview and are interested in an off-campus interview, we also invite you to reach out to the admission counselor who travels to your area.
If you have questions about Champlain or would like to learn more about a specific program, please feel free to email the interns at email@example.com.
Meet the Interns
Lamonte Gambrell Jr. '18
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Favorite place in Burlington: Church Street in the summer
Campus involvements: Office of Diversity & Inclusion mentor, intramural sports, President of the Quest (men of color affinity group), Office of Diversity Student Advisory Board
Why you chose Champlain: Champlain was put on my radar from graduates of my high school; they told me how the school’s community was like a family and how beautiful it is during fall and spring. After my first semester, I realized how Champlain presented me with the opportunities to become the person I always wanted to be, to help others, and to grow into a professional with my own views on big issues/topics in the world.
Michelle Garvey '18
Hometown: Stonington, CT
Major: Early Childhood/Elementary Education
Favorite place in Burlington: My favorite place in Burlington is Perkins Pier, especially at sunset! The view of the lake and mountains is hard to beat.
Campus involvements: Dance Team and NEA Vermont Student Program - Champlain College Chapter
Why you chose Champlain: I chose Champlain because of the Upside-Down Curriculum as well as the feeling of a supportive community on campus and in Burlington as a whole.
Bessie McManus '18
Hometown: Sutton, VT
Favorite place in Burlington: Bueno y Sano
Campus involvements: Move-In Crew
Why you chose Champlain: I love the tight-knit community that Champlain offers. The faculty and staff here genuinely care about students' success and well-being so Champlain makes a great home away from home nestled in cozy Burlington!
Bianca Roa '18
Hometown: Columbia, SC
Major: Marketing, Specialization in Integrated Advertising
Favorite place in Burlington: Oakledge Park when it’s warm, or if it’s cold out Muddy Waters with a nice hot chai latte
Campus involvements: Vice President of Student Government Association and Chairwoman of the Stiller Women in Business
Why you chose Champlain: I wanted to go to a college that would provide a support system I could use for academic, professional, and personal success. Champlain was the only university on my list where I saw faculty and staff that would do that and I was right!