A Step-by-Step Guide: First-Year Applicants
STEP 1: Submit a Completed Application
You can apply to Champlain College using one of the following applications:
- The Champlain College Application. This application allows you to apply directly to Champlain.
- The Common App. This application allows you to apply to many schools at once. You will be required to create an account to get started.
STEP 2: Submit Required Documentation*
- Official copy of your high school transcript.
- Two recommendations: One recommendation should be from your school counselor and the other recommendation should be from someone who can best highlight your academic potential.
- If you are applying to the Creative Media, Filmmaking, Game Art & Animation, Game Design, or Graphic Design & Digital Media majors, please upload your portfolio. Directions to upload your portfolio can be found here.
- For Early Decision Applicants: Please submit the Early Decision Agreement Form to complete your Early Decision application.
- If you are applying via the Champlain College Application, request that your school counselor complete the Counselor Evaluation & School Report Form.
- International Students: Students graduating from a high school outside of the United States require additional required documentation.
- The following items are optional:
- SAT or ACT scores. Champlain College is a test-optional institution. Students who choose to submit test scores will use code 3291 for the College Board SAT and code 4298 for the ACT.
- Transfer Credits: If you have taken college courses and you would like those courses evaluated for transfer credit, please send official college transcripts.
*Please follow the directions on your application to submit required documentation. If you prefer you may fax or mail documents directly: Fax to (802) 860-2767, Attn: Admissions Operations, 163 South Willard Street, Burlington, VT 05402.
Interviews are available to students as an optional part of the application process. Although interviews are not required, they can be helpful for students who want to highlight specific aspects of their current or future application before the application is reviewed. To schedule an interview, please contact email@example.com and we will coordinate a time and date with you.
We're here to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 860-2727.