A Step-by-Step Guide: First-Year Applicants
STEP 1: Submit a Completed Application
You can apply to Champlain College using one of the following applications:
- The Champlain College Application. This application allows you to apply directly to Champlain.
- The Common App. This application allows you to apply to many schools at once. You will be required to create an account to get started.
STEP 2: Submit Required Documentation*
- Official copy of your high school transcript.
- SAT or ACT scores: Champlain College allows first-year applicants, transfers, and international students to self-report test scores. Once admitted to Champlain, students who choose to enroll will need to submit official test scores from the appropriate testing agency website: for College Board SAT use code 3291, for ACT use code 4298. Students graduating from a high school outside of the United States click here to see details on additional required documentation.
- Two recommendations: One recommendation should be from your school counselor and the other recommendation should be from someone who can best highlight your academic potential.
- If you are applying to the Creative Media, Filmmaking, Game Art & Animation, Game Design, or Graphic Design & Digital Media majors, please upload your portfolio. Directions to upload your portfolio can be found here.
- Optional: If you have taken college courses, and you would like those courses evaluated for transfer credit, please send official college transcripts.
- For Early Decision Applicants: Please submit the Early Decision Agreement Form to complete your Early Decision application.
- If you are applying via the Champlain College Online Application, request that your school counselor complete the Counselor Evaluation & School Report Form.
*Please follow the directions on your application to submit required documentation. If you prefer you may fax or mail documents directly: Fax to (802) 860-2767, Attn: Admissions Operations, 163 South Willard Street, Burlington, VT 05402.
Interviews are available to students as an optional part of the application process. Although interviews are not required, they can be helpful for students who want to highlight specific aspects of their current or future application before the application is reviewed. To schedule an interview, please contact email@example.com and we will coordinate a time and date with you.
We're here to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 860-2727.