A Step-by-Step Guide: First Year Applicants
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
You can apply to Champlain College using one of the following applications:
- The Champlain College Application. This application is for students who are seeking to apply only to Champlain. This is the most convenient application form to use.
- The Common App. This application allows you to apply to many schools at once. You will be required to create an account to get started.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED ITEMS TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
- Official copy of your high school transcript.
- SAT or ACT scores: Champlain College allows first-year applicants who attend U.S. high schools to self-report test scores. Once admitted to Champlain students will need to submit official test scores from the appropriate testing agency website: for College Board SAT use code 3291, for ACT use code 4298. Students graduating from a high school outside of the United States click here to see details on required documentation.
- Two recommendations: One recommendation should be from your guidance counselor and the other recommendation should be from someone that can best highlight your academic potential.
- If you are applying to the Creative Media, Filmmaking, Game Art & Animation, Game Design, or Graphic Design & Digital Media majors, please upload your portfolio. Directions to upload your portfolio can be found here.
- Optional: if you have taken college courses, and you would like those courses evaluated for transfer credit, please send official college transcripts.
- For Early Decision Applicants: Please submit the Early Decision Agreement Form to complete your Early Decision application.
SUBMIT THE COUNSELOR EVALUATION & SCHOOL REPORT
Interviews are available to high school seniors as an optional piece of the application process. Although interviews are not required, they can be helpful for students that want to highlight specific aspects of their current or future application before the application is reviewed. For more information on the interview process, visit this page or contact email@example.com.